Houston Multicultural Therapy Services are dedicated professionals committed to providing quality mental health services to our community. It is our overall goal to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families. Our belief is that all people are valuable and unique and should be treated with dignity and respect. While recognizing the potential for change, an assessment of the client’s emotional, physical, spiritual, and life experience is provided in a caring environment. The growth of the individual is promoted through a course of treatment developed and executed in a timely and cost effective manner. Houston Multicultural Therapy Services offers a wide-range of therapies to best solve your individual challenges. We identify ourselves as a community resource clinic where the areas of specialty focus on mental, behavioral, substance abuse counseling and immigration purpose evaluations. We want to empower you with the tools and resources needed to help you live the life you want to achieve!
Please feel free to give us a call for a free 15 minute phone consultation.
Ms. Andrea Torres is a native Houstonian who graduated from Sam Houston State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science. She received her Master’s Degree from Texas Southern University in Clinical Psychology. Ms. Torres has worked in the mental health field for over 6 years. Her experience ranges from residential treatment facilities for children, Forensic Assertive Community Team, serving as a correctional treatment specialist. She is an educator with over 8 years of teaching experience with adults and children. Throughout her academic career, she worked as an adult educator, career counselor and trainer/presenter. She is also bilingual. Ms. Torres also has vast experience in banking, financing, and business management serving in public and private corporations.
Ms. Torres has a devoted passion for serving diverse cultures and populations. Her vision for creating Houston Multicultural Therapy Services stems from helping people from different walks of life and backgrounds, while understanding the need for support and resources for Houston’s growing population. She believes in motivating individuals and empowering them to reach their goals and potential. Ms. Torres also has a strong sense of helping and impacting her community by promoting education, life skills and personal development. In her leisure time she enjoys volunteering for non-profit organizations and is actively involved in church activities.
Individual and Group Counseling
- Anger Management- Men’s group & Women’s group
- Anger Management (Court Mandated)
- LGBT (Individual and group)
- Mood Disorders/Bipolar
- Immigration Psychological Evaluations
- Effective Decision Making
- Coping with a challenging life style or new stressors
- Create a vision for your personal life or career path
- Develop a personal networking plan based on your strengths
- Develop short-term/long term goals
Substance Abuse Counseling
- IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) Services
- SOP (Supportive Outpatient Program) Services
- Dual Diagnosing
- Relapse Prevention
- Support Groups
Impacting Our Community
- Youth Services – Provide young adults with opportunities through social, educational and leadership skills
- Identity Issues
- Lack of Self-Control
Houston Multicultural Therapy Services can provide speaking engagements involving mental health issues such as depression/anxiety, ADD/ADHD, bullying, recovery, LGBT (coming out) and addiction problems. Our presentations are targeted to educate members of our community.
Educational/Outreach In The Community
- Support Services
- ESL Classes
- Spanish Classes
- Cultural Adaptations
- Skills Building Classes
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: http://dbsahouston.org
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness: http://www.nami.org
- The Trevor Project: http://www.thetrevorproject.org
- LGBT Switchboard Houston: 713 – 529 – 3211 (24 hour)
- Houston Area Women’s Center: http://www.hawc.org
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship
2002 Binz St, Houston, TX 77004
Monday – Thursday: 9am – 6pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm